Wills are an instrument, a set of instructions or a letter you could say, to the Probate Court by which one may set forth:
- Who will receive an inheritance from one’s estate
- Who will be considered an heir of the estate
- Who will not be considered an heir of the estate
- Who will raise minor children
- If any tax planning will be done
- Who will be in charge of the Estate
The different types of wills include:
- Pour Over: A pour over will is a particular type of will used in conjunction with a trust. This kind of will “pours” any property the deceased still owned at the time of death into the trust that the person set up during his or her life.
- Stand Alone: A stand alone will is a document in which you have the opportunity to identify the people you would like to administer your estate upon your death, dictate the plan for distributing your estate upon your death and nominate guardians for your minor children. A stand alone will begins working for you upon the date of your death.
Our Will and Estate Planning Attorneys give personal service in preparing wills and advise our clients to keep them up to date as circumstances and laws change.
The process of estate planning may seem daunting… but, it doesn’t have to be. Estate planning and the creation of wills is a proactive way to ensure that you, your family, and your estate are taken care of the way you want them to be. Our expert team of attorneys at Beyer, Pongratz, and Rosen are here to help you through the process. To learn more about Estate Planning or the creation of wills, you can Request a Consultation or call, directly, at 916-369-9750. We look forward to working with you!